Struggling to sleep for a night or two is a normal occurrence. But, the problem creeps in when it starts to happen on a more regular basis. Being deprived of sleep can leave your body as well as your brain exhausted and as a result reduce productivity in your work. Lack of sleep makes a person vulnerable to irritation and frustration. Spending nights after nights, tossing and turning on the bed can have some serious negative effect on your body. Not only the adults but even the younger generation have become sleep deprived, nowadays because of the unhealthy lifestyle we lead. This is not something to take lightly because in certain cases it can be life-threatening to a person.
The Negative Effects of Sleep Deprivation
Lack of sleep can have the following effect on your body.
- Health Problems: According to estimates, most of the people with the sleeping disorder are characterized to have some kind of health issues. Diseases like, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, heart attack easily get to people who don’t get sufficient amount of sleep.
- Increases Risk Of Death: People who deprived of 7 hours of quality sleep are likely to have a reduced span of life. Lack of sleep makes the immune system of our body weak thus, making it vulnerable to a lot of diseases.
- Make You Gain Weight: Lack of sleep is related to the increase of appetite of a person, making him put on weight. This is because; insufficient sleep messes with the metabolism rate of the body which is the key to controlling your body weight.
- Depression and Anxiety: We all have faced the difficulty in falling asleep when we are depressed. This can be considered as a normal occurrence but, loss of sleep often aggravates the symptoms of depression and anxiety and in return, these two psychological barriers make it even more difficult for a person to fall asleep.
- Aging: When a person is deprived of sleep over a period of time, his body starts releasing extra stress hormone which breaks down the protein in his skin, making his skin look wrinkled. We even get dark circles and puffy eyes after a few nights of insufficient sleep.
- Causes Injury: Sleep deprivation has been a factor in some of the biggest accidents in history. Drowsiness on the road while driving, may take your life. People who feel drowsy while driving is unable to concentrate on the road due to slowed down the reaction and therefore, becomes more prone to any kind of disaster.
- Makes You Dumb: Insufficient sleep impairs your concentration, alertness, and decision-making These cognitive processes are greatly altered due to loss of sleep causing the thinking and learning process of a person to slow down. It also makes you forgetful.
You might consider consulting a doctor if you are one of the sleep affected people. If consulting a doctor and popping pills are not the right option for you then, we have a solution called the sprayable sleep. These sprays are any day more effective than any pills and come with 0% side effects. Stop thinking and order one now. You will see the result yourself.